• June, 2004 to Present-- Associate Professor, VIT University, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India
• 2011-2012, May-- Jazan University Saudi Arabia
• 2002- 2004 -- Soka ikeda college for women, chennai -99
• 2000- 2002 -- Lady Violet college for women, chennai-53
• 1996-1998 --Theivanai ammal women’s college, Villupuram-2
• Ph.D. awarded in 2009 at VIT University,Vellore.
Title: Biochemical and Immunological evaluation of Triphala on adjuvant-induced arthritis in rats
• Completed MPhil. In 1999 in Biochemistry from University of Madras, Chennai, India.
Title: “The Effect of Ricinus communis on CCL4 Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rats”
• MSc. 1996- Biochemistry University of Madras, Chennai, India
• BSc., 1994- Biochemistry University of Madras, Chennai, India
Scientific Awards, Recognitions and Prizes
• University 9th Rank in BSc., Degree
• College first in allied Zoology (BSc)
• Qualified National Eligibility TEST for Lecturer ship –October 2001
• Best Poster Award for the poster entitled “Anti-inflammatory effect of Spirulina fusiformis on adjuvant-induced arthritis in mice in relation to lysosomal acid hydrolases. Presented at “National symposium on recent trends in health sciences and research” 2006, VIT University, Vellore, India.
• Best Poster Award for the poster entitled “Drug induced hepatotoxicity in mice treated with herbal formulations” National Conference on Innovations in Biotechnology, SRM University, Chennai for SBTI-2010.
• Travel grant award in “Protective effects of Withania somnifera against paracetamol induced hepatotoxicity in rats”, ICBPT 2013, Annamalai university, Chidambaram.
• Best oral presentation award for 2 papers in 7th Science, Engineering and Technology (SET-2013) namely, “Protective effect of Spirulina fusiformis against hepatotoxicity” and “Ameliorative and antioxidant efficiency of Spirulina fusiformis against bromobenzene-induced nephrotoxicity in rats”.
• Best oral presentation award for “Effect of ultra violet-A rays on cultured limbal epithelial stem cells during collagen cross-linking treatment”, in 2nd National conference on emerging trends and new challenges in biotechnology- a multidisciplinary approach, MGR College, Hosur.
• Best oral presentation for “In silico analysis of the interaction patterns of aldose reductase with selected active compounds of Triphala” in National Conference on Biosciences for 21st Century (NCBSC) 2015.
• Best oral presentation award for “Anti-tuberculosis drug induced nephrotoxicity and its amelioration by Spirulina fusiformis: A biochemical evaluation” in Biofocus 2015.
• Best Poster Award (1st prize) for the poster entitled “Efficacy of coenzyme Q10 in inhibiting monosodium urate crystal-induced inflammation in rats” in National Seminar on Frontiers in Biotechnology (NSFB) 2016, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
• Best Poster Award (2nd prize) for the poster entitled “Evaluation of the protective effect of Spirulina fusiformis on diclofenac-induced hepatorenal-changes and gastrointestinal ulcer formation in Wistar albino rats” in National Seminar on Frontiers in Biotechnology (NSFB) 2016, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu.
• Best oral presentation award (1st prize) for “Anti-tuberculosis drug induced oxidative stress in kidneys: Role of Bacopa monnieri as an antioxidant supplement” in ‘Food as Medicine: A Modern Perspective’, VELS University, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
• Best poster presentation award for “Experimental study on the effectiveness of Spirulina fusiformis as a protective agent against diclofenac induced hepatorenal injury and gastric ulcer in rats” in an International conference on the Advances in Algal Biotechnology (2016) at VIT University.
• To evaluate the herbal drugs against various health disorders by biochemical and immunological approach.
• To evaluate the herbal drugs against hepatotoxicity.